From a young age I have always had an interest in watches. There are so many watches available online and at great prices. But which watches are truly ‘the best’? It’s not an easy question to answer, and opinions can vary greatly. I’ve cut through all the hype and revealed the facts that will help you decide what type of watch is best FOR YOU.
The Eco-Drive Perpetual Calendar features a titanium case and a black dial. The timepiece features a 1/20 second chronograph that measures up to 60 minutes, 12/24 time, dual time, alarm, date indicator, and power saver function.
Additional features include an inner calendar, which automatically adjusts to the proper date as well as leap years through the year 2100. Independent hour hand adjustment makes changing time zones simple and precise. The genuine leather strap features attractive white contrast stitching and buckle closure.
This watch comes to you very user friendly right out of the box which contains user manual and a mini disk that when played will have you understanding all the features, time settings and adjustments. You will have your watch set and on your wrist in about 10 minutes. If you lose the information, don’t worry simply visit Citizen’s web page and pull up the same info on an interactive video.
The leather band attached to it is heavy duty and will last, and the watch is beautifully designed and eye catching.
The bezel is a little loose but easy to turn, and the dial is surprisingly clear and easy to read due to the strong design of the sword hands. The luminosity is brilliant too and will last a decent period. It has a perpetual calendar, so once set, you never have to think about it again, as long as it gets enough light.
On the plus side, the watch is accurate, never needs to be fiddled with once it’s set AND as long as it gets regular light, is very comfortable to wear and gorgeous on the wrist.
And at a 660 feet water resistance,you can use it swimming, snorkeling, and it may work just as well for scuba diving. It will look great whether you are relaxing by the side of the pool, at a classy dinner, or at a formal business meeting.
Once again, Citizen have created a stylish watch that is well made and GREAT value. The functions are easy to read, day or night, and you don’t have to worry about changing the battery on a regular basis.
If there are any issues or problems with your watch, Citizen have a great customer service and support. You also have the protection of a 5 Year Warranty if you purchase this watch through Amazon.com.
- Brand Name – Citizen
- Model number – BL5250-02L
- Part Number – BL5250-02L
- Model Year – 2011
- Item Shape – Round
- Dial window material type – Mineral
- Display Type – Analog
- Clasp – Buckle
- Case material – Titanium
- Case diameter – 43.00
- Case Thickness – 13.00
- Band Material – Pig skin leather
- Band length – Men’s
- Band width – 20 millimeters
- Band Color – Brown
- Dial color – Black
- Bezel material – Titanium
- Bezel function – Unidirectional
- Calendar – Date
- Special features – alarm-feature, Dual time display
- Item weight – 3 Pounds
- Movement – Japanese quartz
- Water resistant depth – 660 Feet
- Warranty type – Contact seller of record
If you want a watch that you can wear white water rafting, snowboarding, mountain climbing, camping, mountain biking, scuba diving or anything extreme, then look no further, this is the watch for you.
If you are looking for a watch to wear for a formal occasion or for a high profile business meeting, then this isn’t the watch for you.
The G-Shock DW6900 is a hard wearing and rugged time piece. It is water resistant to 200 meters. You can wear this watch in the mud, the rain, physical training you name it. If this can take the wear and tear of the military then it can handle anything. There is nothing worse than worrying about whether your watch is going to break when you are doing what you love.
G-Shock DW6900 Pros
- This watch has excellent durability and functionality.
- The resin band is comfortable, durable and surprisingly sturdy.
- Good sounding alarm
- Easy to find light button
- Has all the necessary functions.
- The watch face consists of scratch resistant material and shielding protects it well.
- Long lasting battery.
G-Shock DW6900 Cons
- The “ADJUST” button is recessed into the casing which makes adjusting the alarm slightly difficult.
G-Shock DW6900 Features
- Resin Band
- Shock Resistant
- 200 metres water resistant.
- EL Backlight with afterglow
- 1/100 second stop watch
- Countdown timer
- Multi function alarm
- Full auto calendar pre-programmed until 2039
- Accuracy t/- 15 seconds/month
- Battery CR2016
- Battery Life 2 years
There are two versions of this classic watch the Seiko SKX007K and the Seiko SKX007K2. The SKX007K comes with a rubber band and SKX007K2 has a stainless steel band.
This review will cover both watches.
The Seiko SKX007 is currently one of the more popular dive watches in the world. The watch consists of a 40mm stainless steel case and black toned stainless steel bezel. The luminous hour markers and hands are powered by a Japanese automatic movement and as usual in the 3 o’clock position is the date display. This makes it look not only stylish but functional.
The Seiko SKX007 Stainless Steel Band
The Seiko SKX007K stainless steel band consists of large side links and small links of a mirror polished stainless steel. It is very similar in style to the Rolex “Jubilee” band. It is easily adjustable, flexible and substantial enough to compliment the face of the watch.
Seiko SKX007 Features
The Seiko SKX007 has many features, here are just a few:
- Water resistant to 200 metres and sweep second hand for scuba diving.
- Japanese Automatic Movement
- Stainless case and band
- Fold over case with safety
- Black dial
- Luminous hands and hour markers
- Day and date display at 3 o’clock
- Black unidirectional elapsed time bezel
The functionality of the Seiko SKX007 is impeccable. Pictures of the watch do not it justice. It is truly a beautiful watch that will be popular with generations to come. Trust me this watch will NOT go out of style.
The Seiko SKX007 is the sort of watch you can wear spending the day fishing or diving yet still won’t look out of place if you wore it to a high class function. It’s the perfect blend of casual dress and those nights when a suit is required.
This is one of the best value for money watches and it is perfect for everyday wear. This a stylish watch consisting of a unique design including the black dial features which stand out in white Arabic numbers marking the hours on the outer circle and the minutes on the inner circle.
Being able to read the time either day or night is not a problem with the silver tone hands consisting of luminous fill. The day and date display can be located near the 3 o’clock. The red tip on the seconds hand sweeps continuously.
This high performance watch is not for scuba diving however it is resistant to 100 meters or 330 feet. Its polished stain less steel case is held with a black nylon strap that fits easily around the wrist and fastened with a traditional buckle. This is a Seiko watch that will never go out of style!
- Excellent everyday watch
- Compact design
- It’s extremely accurate for the price.
- Easy to use and uncomplicated settings.
- Easy to read, even in the dark.
- Measurement consistency is excellent compared to quartz mechanism.
- Don’t have to wind it just wear it.
- Regarded as aesthetically small, particularly for a person with large wrists.
- Harder to clean.
- Takes about 39 hours to unwind.
- Strap is not quite wide enough to cover the edges of the spring bars.
- Has been known to gain about 5 seconds/day.
Setting the date and day are fairly easy. If you turn the watch arms until it clicks past a day so you won’t be twelve hours off.
When setting the time set the hour and minute hands, then gently hold the second hand. It should pulse a little as it tries to force itself forward. Once the seconds are accurate, release and the second hand should be accurate. It takes a little practice at first and don’t set the time until you pump the watch 3 minutes to charge the spring.
The strap is actually quite comfortable; however, if you decide to replace it with a leather strap you may want to find one with a brushed buckle. The typical polished buckle straps may look awkward against the watch’s brushed case.
This watch consists of a reliable Japanese quartz movement in a stainless steel case with a blue dial. It is water resistant up to 100 meters (330 feet).
It is a beautiful watch which keeps excellent time and the styling and color make it look like a timeless classic. The alarm feature can be set on a 12 hour basis and the alarm hands can be set to indicate the different time zone.
If you want a watch that suits any attire and will last for years then the Seiko SNA695 is the perfect watch for you.
- This watch consists of 3 silver dials and polished markers used instead of numbers look fantastic against th the back drop of the dark face. Which it is easy to read.
- Not as thick as the other chronographs.
- Has a tough finish that doesn’t scratch or scuff.
- Features are easy to use.
- Consists of a slim and elegant design.
- Perfect for suits or jeans.
- The battery is long lasting.
- The alarm is considered to be too quiet.
- The glowing hands are a bit dim.
Once again Seiko have produced another excellent watch. This is a GREAT purchase for anyone looking for a stylish watch that will last for years.
Although tastes and needs may vary, you really cannot go wrong with any of the watches listed here. They are all high quality products made by established, highly trusted brands. Good luck in choosing the best watch in the world FOR YOU!